Skip to content
- Broadening the understanding on Korean history of students
- Explaining the value of literature to form a critical literal art thought which can control speed rather than being influenced by it
- Review on the novel An Isolated Room (1995) by Gyeongsook Shin, who was a factory worker that became a writer
- The novel by Gyeongsook Shin is based on the experience of female factory workers and looked at Korea’s compressed high growth period not as the time for advancement but as the time for violence in terms of speed.
- The novel by Gyeongsook Shin made readers think the value of literature that pursues the dignified ideals and value of life, without being influenced significantly by the era of speediness.