Co-hosting International Conference at CeMore, Lancaster University
International Conference cohosted by AMH & CeMore at Lancaster University took place in Lancaster University in June 24th, 2019. In this one-full day conference, researchers and scholars in both institutions shared their researches and ideas in panel presentations and roundtables.
Furthermore, Prof. Inseop Shin (director, AMH) and Prof. Monika Büscher, Prof. Lynne Pearce in Cemore agreed that both institutions will conduct diverse collaborative works and promote academic exchanges including staff exchange, research project, public engagement programs, etc.
- 9.30-10.00 : Formal welcome from FASS Dean, Professor Simon Guy and CeMoRe Director, Professor Monika Buscher. The Director of the Konkuk Asian Mobility Network, Professor Inseop Shin, will respond.
- 10.00-11.30 : Session 1 Panel Presentations
- 11.30-12.00 : Coffee
- 12.00-1.00 : Meeting between Konkuk delegates, the Dean and other members of Lancaster University to sign a Memorandum of Agreement regarding future collaborations between Lancaster and Konkuk. [ Press Office in attendance/photo opportunites].
- 1.00-2.00 : Lunch
- 2.00-3.30 : Session 2 Panel Presentations
- 3.30-4.00 : Tea/Coffee
- 4.00-5.30 : Roundtable Discussion with: Lynne Pearce (CeMoRe Director for Humanities, English, Lancaster) (chair), Monika Buscher (CeMoRe Director, Sociology, Lancaster), Jen Southern (Lecturer, LICA, Lancaster), Peter Merriman (Professor of Human Geography, Aberystwyth), Charlotte Mathieson (Lecturer in English, University of Surrey), Carlos Lopez-Galviz (Lecturer, ISF, Lancaster) and Farrah Sheik (Lecturer, Konkuk). [Participants in a related ISF event will join the main conference for this event].
- 7.00 : Conference Dinner
Lancaster University Centre for Mobilities Research ↗
[Photos: courtesy from CeMore]